We use a multidisciplinary approach and advanced techniques and equipment to help you get back to normal, quickly! We direct bill all major insurance companies so that you can focus on getting better.
Daily activity puts a significant stress on our muscles and eventually they atrophy. Physiotherapy assists in rehabilitating and strengthening tired and weakened muscles. Recover from an injury, relieve muscle pain, increase strength and flexibility and maximize your body’s potential with Physiotherapy.
Physiotherapy revolves around understanding how the body functions, diagnosing the problem, and then utilizing the most effective treatment. Treatment may be hands on, educational, or may require you to do certain stretches or exercises on your own. Usually effective treatment is a combination of all three aspects. We will get you feeling healthier, more flexible, and stronger in no time!
Please note that not all insurance companies are billed directly. Please give us a call to learn more about which insurance companies can be billed directly and which ones require payment up front.
Who should see a Physiotherapist?
Physiotherapy is for you if you’re looking to recover from an injury, alleviate pain, increase strength and flexibility, and maximize your body’s potential.
Is Physiotherapy safe?
Physiotherapy is recognized as one of the safest pain relief treatments available. It is non-invasive meaning no surgery and no drugs!
Does physiotherapy hurt?
Most physiotherapy treatment is completely painless. However, some discomfort may be felt while doing certain stretches or exercises.
Will my insurance cover the treatment?
Generally our treatments are covered by most major health plans but coverage varies by plan and provider. We suggest contacting your service provider for a full description on your coverage.
Physiotherapy is regarded as one of the most effective methods of treatment because it combines injury rehabilitation with prevention. Increasing joint flexibility and muscle strength, you maximize your body’s productivity.
You don’t have to suffer with a movement disorder – Physiomed is a physiotherapy clinic in East Vancouver & Commercial Drive area that can help you recover and regain control over your body’s natural balance.
– sprains and strains
– postural abnormalities
– traumatic injuries, including whiplash and fractures
– tendonitis and overuse injuries
– muscle imbalances
Using state-of-the art technology and decades of experience, Physiomed’s highly skilled physiotherapists can help you feel normal again.
At Physiomed, our mission is to bring you back to good health with empathy, compassion and an acute understanding of your unique needs. Our patients’ needs come first – always.
Our East Vancouver & Commercial Drive physiotherapy clinic features some of the most innovative equipment available, including adjustable beds that can be raised or lowered based upon the patient’s needs. Getting in and out of these beds is safer and easier for people who ordinarily have difficulty doing so.
You can count on our friendly, knowledgeable staff to answer any questions you may have. Our licensed physiotherapists, trained in the latest technologies and techniques, will make you feel comfortable the moment you walk in the door.
Treatment for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome at PhysioMed
Our physiotherapists believe in treating individuals based upon their unique needs. We know there is no one-size-fits-all cure for every patient, even if they present with the same symptoms. Every person is different, and we approach treatment with that in mind.
Some types of physiotherapy we offer in our Physiotherapy Vancouver clinic include:
– Spinal decompression, which relieves pressure on pinched nerves in your spinal column (from your neck to your lower back). Spinal decompression, performed by mechanical traction, is useful for conditions such as disc bulge or herniation, sciatica, spinal stenosis, degenerative joint disease and more.
– Vestibular therapy, which treats symptoms like vertigo, dizziness, loss of balance and Meniere’s disease, uses specialized exercises that help stabilize your body.
– Manual therapy, during which your physiotherapist uses his or her hands to mobilize joints in the spine and extremities, create movement within nerve tissue or facilitate the activation, flexibility and normal tone of muscle in order to help your body regain its full range of motion.
– Exercise therapy, which involves stretching, strengthening and stabilization exercises in order to relieve symptoms and improve your body’s function.
– Electrotherapy, including ultrasound, Russian current, interferential (IFC) and transcutaneous nerve stimulation (TNS), and neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES).
Our patients come from all walks of life. They’ve often seen other providers with limited success – and that’s where we come in. We provide tailored physiotherapy solutions to each of our patients that can help restore their full range of motion and function.
Most of our services are covered by extended health benefits; our knowledgeable staff can check your insurance coverage for you. Contact our office today at (604) 879 7214 to find out how Physiomed can help you get back to normal.