We’re happy to show you exactly how physiotherapy can help you start feeling (and functioning) better than ever.
5 Ways Physiotherapy Can Relieve Your Pain—Drug-Free!
- Manual therapy stimulates healing and ease pain and tension.A physiotherapist is trained in techniques like joint mobilizations and manipulations, massage, myofascial release, Active Release Techniques, and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation. These can trigger physical and physiological changes in the body’s connective tissues, central nervous system, lymphatic system, and more. These techniques have been proven to relieve pain and elicit healing responses that can keep pain from coming back.
- Modalities a physiotherapist may use to relieve pain and inflammation are non-invasive, drug-free, and safe. Practitioners of physiotherapy utilize tools like diathermy, dry needling, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and other techniques to reduce pain, muscle spasms, inflammation, and more. The risk of side effects with these modalities is minimal to none, and unlike drugs they won’t pose the risk of dependency or withdrawal. They simply enhance your body’s natural self-healing capability (instead of just “masking” the pain). Through extensive training, a physical therapist can ensure these techniques are applied with the correct dosage (intensity, location, type, duration, and frequency) for optimal outcomes.
- A physiotherapist gets you moving! Research tells us that exercise is one of the best ways to manage chronic pain. But if a person is in so much pain they can barely get out of bed, how are they supposed to start exercising more? Enter physical therapy. Your physiotherapist can manage your condition and other contributing factors (like range of motion limitations, tissue tension, weakness, and incoordination) that make exercise difficult. By helping you get more exercise—and showing you which exercises are best for you, as well as how to do them correctly—a physiotherapist also helps you reduce the risk of other chronic diseases.
- Physiotherapy empowers you to be your best self.Unlike many other healthcare providers who are limited on time, physical therapists have a lot of face-to-face interaction with their patients and can take the time to get to know their goals, demands, and preferences. This ensures that patients are engaged in their plans of care, educated about their health condition, and equipped with home exercises, stretches, and other lifestyle modifications needed to optimize results. physiotherapy is an active experience that puts you back in the driver’s seat of your own health.
- Physiotherapy services are mutually beneficial. When you see a physiotherapist for pain relief, you’re not going to just get one type of treatment. You’ll receive multiple services that complement each other enhance their overall effectiveness. The result? A cost-effective and comprehensive healing journey for you!
Whether your pain is caused by a sports injury, a chronic joint disorder, stroke, or something else, we invite you to schedule an appointment at our physiotherapy clinic today. Don’t just hide your pain—heal your pain from the source!